PRAISE IN MOTION DANCE MINISTRY
Mission Statement: To demonstrate the majesty, power, splendor and wonder of the Scriptures through movement. Through this we encourage the believer in his relationship with the Lord and draw the unbeliever to Him. We begin by encouraging ourselves in our love for God and each other.
- The Dance Ministry members do not come to church to “perform,” but are in service to Worship. We should lead people into Worship.
- The words of our songs must be Biblically sound.
- Our Dance should bring liberation to the people of God and to ourselves.
- Our Dance garments and movements should be representative of the God we serve and testify to His greatness. Our costuming must be modest and appropriate, and must not detract from the objective of drawing the people into the worship of our God. We realize that within the body of Christ there are people of different personal tastes and different levels of spiritual maturity. We willingly submit to the authority of our church elders and seek their guidance and approval in these matters. We strive to minister in such as way that would be acceptable to God and would enhance the spiritual experience of the worshippers.
“Let them praise His name with dancing.” Psalm 149:3
Praise In Motion Dance Ministry has become an integral part of the worship experience here at Montco Bible Fellowship. Under the ministry leadership of Rochelle Grady and the pastoral oversight of Pastor Sam Butler, Praise In Motion is devoted to proclaiming the joy that comes through having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the vehicles of expressive movement, color, and synchronicity.
Our desire is to make His praise glorious by displaying God’s strength, power, and love through the art form of dance. We spend hours and hours in fellowship, devotion and rehearsal, refining our craft and learning to minister with excellence and anointing. It’s wonderful to see this powerful tool being reclaimed by the Body of Christ for use in worshipping God.
The Purpose of Dance in the Body of Christ
- To Make His Praise Glorious – Exodus 15:20
- To Rejoice and Usher in God’s Presence – Psalm 150:4
- To Express Joy and Victory! – II Samuel 6:14
Many Saints are opposed to praise dance because they associate it with secular dancing. We believe that dance belongs to God and is being restored to the Body of Christ where it belongs. God is the one who turns our despair into dancing. (Psalm 30:11) He is the one who, as Jeremiah prophesied, calls us to take up our tambourines and “go forth in the dance of the merrymakers.” (Jeremiah 31:4)
Romans 12:1,2 tells us to present our bodies to God as a living sacrifice. According to Acts 2:17 “In Him, we live, move and have our being.” Those of us that are called into the ministry of dance would rather use our bodies as instruments of praise and righteousness than to yield them to sin and the lusts of the flesh.
- We, the dancers of Praise In Motion willingly present our bodies as living sacrifices to the Lord via the dance. (Rom 12:1).
- We will praise the Lord in the dance (Ps. 149:3), and love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength (Mk. 12:30).
- We will not worship other gods (Ex. 34:14) as the children of Israel did when they danced around the Golden calf in the wilderness (Ex. 32:19). But we will offer up the sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving to our God (Heb. 13:15).
- Our bodies are not for immorality, but for the Lord. Our bodies are members of Christ
(1 Cor. 12:20). Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Therefore we will glorify God in our bodies (1 Cor. 6:19-20); and we willingly offer ourselves as a sacrifice that through dance. God may be glorified through us.