Montco Statement of Faith
1. We are a non-denominational, multicultural, church in Lansdale, PA. serving the greater Montgomery County area.
2. We are followers of Jesus who gather together for worship and discipleship.
3. A home for many to come and be loved, get help with a variety of needs, and hear about the incredible, freeing love of God through Christ.
“Making disciples that love God and share his love with the world.”
○ With Christ as the head of the Church, we value his guidance through a plurality of Leadership
○ We value encountering the living Jesus and his love for us in communion around the Lord’s table every Sunday.
○ We value every believer because they have direct access to God. Each person is encouraged to minister and function as an important part of the church body.
○ Like Jesus, we welcome and value everyone; all are readily received.
○ We are sent back into society to participate in God’s mission in our own neighborhoods
○ We tell the good news about Jesus to everyone
○ We love our neighbors by engaging in holistic deeds in meaningful, and tangible ways.
Recognizing the historic and global church, we believe that in essentials there is unity, in non-essentials liberty, and in all things love.
We believe the Bible to be God’s inspired, reliable, truthful, and authoritative revelation to humanity. We also believe that the scriptures, of both the Old and New Testament, contains the redemptive story of God, and is designed for our practical instruction in belief and practice.
God – We believe that the One God eternally exists in three persons, the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19).
We believe God has revealed Himself and His truth through creation, the Holy Scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and supremely through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Jesus Christ born of a virgin as fully God and fully man taught men how to life by his teachings and his sinless example. He was crucified for our sins but victoriously resurrected from the dead on the 3rd day defeating sin, satan, death, and the forces of evil that enslaved us.
He has returned to the Father’s right hand to prepare a place for us where in his present life he is our high priest, our advocate, and is Lord over all.
The Holy Spirit draws us to Jesus and to repentance of our sins, and to acknowledge Jesus as Lord. He lives in us, enables us to understand the scriptures, and empowers us to live faithful lives and to grow in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God.
Creation, Sin & Evil, Salvation, and New Creation
God created everything and called it good. God created all of humanity in God’s image. Tempted by Satan, humanity rebelled against God and humanity fractured their relationships with God, one another, ourselves, and creation. They have been born selfish and self-centered . Nonetheless, God is faithful. Through faith in Jesus Christ repentance, forgiveness, and redemption was made possible. Jesus will return to judge the world and establish God’s Kingdom. This is the hope of the Church and its encouragement for ministry, and this redemption allows us to look forward to the restoration of all creation and humanity, the state that God desires.Those who have been redeemed will live with him forever.
The Church is the body of Christ, which includes all followers of Jesus everywhere. The Church is comprised of communities that have exercised faith in Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Christ is the head and we are his mouth, his hands, and his feet in the world. The Church is called out from the brokenness of our world and then sent into our world through the power of the Holy Spirit to participate in God’s reconciliation, redemption, and restoration of all things.
We believe in the historic moral teaching of the Holy Scriptures as it defines marriage. Therefore Montco Bible Fellowship defines marriage as the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one man and one woman, in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. (Gen. 1:27-28; Gen. 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-9; Mark 10: 5-9; Eph. 5:31-33)
Therefore we believe that any sexual acts outside of marriage are prohibited and our members must resist and refrain from any such activity including but not limited to adultery, fornication, incest, pornography, prostitution, voyeurism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, or same sex acts. (Ex.20:14; Lev.18:7-23; Lev.20:10-21; Deut. 5:18; Matt 15:19; Matt.5:27-28; Rom.1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-13; 1 Thess. 4:3; Heb. 13:4; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 4:17-19; Col. 3:5)
We therefore refrain from using any of our assets, buildings, personnel, or energies to be used in any way that would promote or facilitate such activity.